Dr Hina Rauf is a UK trained Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist, currently working for the East London NHS Foundation Trust in Emotional and Behaviour Disorders Team in CAMHS.
She has clinical experience, working within CAMHS teams supporting and promoting mental health as well as treating young people with a range of mental health conditions and complex presentations. She also has many years experience of working with children and adolescents at well known Trusts such as the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust ,Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Oxford Health NHS Foundation
Dr Hina Rauf has worked with a wide range of ages and from varying cultural backgrounds, she has also worked with a diverse range of conditions including Learning Difficulties, Depression, Anxiety, OCD , and Psychosis with a special interest in the assessment, diagnosis and management of neurodevelopmental disorders such as ASD & ADHD.
Dr Rauf also has extensive experience of Mentalisation Based Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Psychodynamic Therapy.
She is described as an extremely thoughtful, compassionate and client-centred clinician who is respected by patients and colleagues and will draw on all her skills to establish the best available outcome for her patients.
Professional Bodies & Membership
- Affiliation of Royal College of Psychiatrist UK
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council.
Approved by the Secretary of State under Section (12) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended by the Mental Health Act 2007) in having special expertise and knowledge in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders.
- Dialectal Behaviour Therapy Certification
- Metallization Based Therapy Certification
- Edward Jenner Leadership Certification
Expertise in treating
- Behavioural Difficulties
- Neurodevelopmental disorders ( ASD & ADHD and Tourette’s )
- Anxiety, panic attacks , self-harm
- OCD , intrusive thoughts and phobias.
- Emotional dysregulation
- Visual and auditory hallucinations.
- Attention Deficit Disorder ADHD/ADD
- Anxiety Treatment
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Depression Treatment
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
- Phobia Treatment
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)/ Worry