Depression isn’t as straight-forward a condition as many want people to believe it is. It can present in all manner...
Marta M Pires is a Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) and member of The British Psychological Society (BPS). Accredited as a Clinical and Counselling Psychologist, Marta provides ongoing therapeutic work with adults, children, adolescents, and families. Marta offers an integrative approach: psychodynamic, systemic, transpersonal, EMDR, CDT, and DBT informed.
Marta has experience working as a Clinical Psychologist in the acute unit of CAMHS (Child Adolescent Mental Health Service). She is highly skilled in working with PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) and complex trauma in both adolescents and adults.
Marta is also an accredited EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprogramming) therapist and is a member of the EMDR Association UK and Ireland. EMDR is one of only two modalities approved by the NHS, APA (American Psychological Association), US Defence Department, and WHO (World Health Organisation) for the treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). EMDR is also highly effective with other mental health conditions.
Therapy With Marta
Marta works with adults and children who are struggling with a sense of lack of purpose and meaning in their lives, and with those who are feeling “stuck” and are ready to make changes. She addresses issues of abuse (emotional and physical), addiction, codependency, anxiety, fears, bereavement, depression, phobias, feelings of inadequacy, low self-esteem, sexuality and relationship difficulties, and PTSD.
Above all, she works with those who want to improve themselves and who:
- would like to focus on a specific goal to understand and shift relationship patterns
- want to maximise their gifts and potential
- seek to learn how to address anger or other uncomfortable feelings
- want to improve their communication skills
- would like to learn how to set healthy boundaries in life
- wish to improve their relationship skills
- desire to learn how to maintain a level of happiness, while consistently being able to deal with what life throws at them.
Since 2010, Marta has been integrating Animal Assisted Therapy into her private practice. Until her retirement in 2017, therapy dog Belle, a Yorkshire Terrier, went to work daily and assisted in all the sessions. Marta is currently actively looking for a new therapy dog.
Marta works in English and Portuguese and also has a good understanding of Spanish.
- Addiction Treatment
- Anger Management Counselling
- Anxiety Treatment
- Bipolar Disorder Treatment
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Depression Treatment
- Eating Disorders
- Family Therapy In London
- Grief and loss Therapy
- Health anxiety
- Self-esteem related issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
- Panic Attacks
- Psychosomatic Symptoms
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Trauma
- Relationship Breakup
- Relationship Issues
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- Sexual Abuse & Rape
- Insomnia Treatment
- Social Anxiety Treatment