Mental illness and behavioural difficulties are two sides of the same coin. If you are struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma or the inability to manage and regulate your emotions, you may benefit from exploring these difficulties, and how this may have impacted yourself and those around you, in a safe, trusting and confidential therapeutic environment.
Housam Ebrahim has 25 years of experience in working across the lifespan with children, adolescents, adults and their families, who may have, unfortunately, had negative experiences pertaining to difficulties in regulating their emotions, bullying, a lack of self-confidence, substance use, anxiety, depression and neglect or trauma.
He collaboratively uses case formulation to devise holistic client-led treatment plans and applying tailored therapeutic modules of treatment to meet clients’ varying needs. These include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), as well as emotion regulation, problem-solving, and interpersonal effectiveness skills.
Housam Ebrahim is also experienced with working with the family network and in helping families to implement effective parental management skills, for example, using the approaches of systemic psychotherapy, compassion-focused approaches and principles of motivational interviewing. Together, this can actively start a journey of change, aimed at achieving positive outcomes and overcoming challenges in life, in line with goals for treatment.
Educations and Qualifications
- Over 25 years of work experience in both NHS and Private sector
- Awareness of the impact of current challenges that teenagers and young adults may be confronted with.
- Being a systemic psychotherapist and a mental Health Specialist Practitioner enabled him to actively and collaboratively work with individuals from as young as 8 years to much older adults experiencing a wide range of mental and behavioural difficulties.
- Housam’s style of therapy is based on social constructionist ideas whereby communication styles, power of relationship, and attachment theories are all taken into consideration including all social graces when completing a formulation of clients’ difficulties and care planning. he also has all necessary skills and knowledge in helping and supporting clients experiencing emotional dysregulations or those struggling with mood management.
- He provides transparent services to clients and works with utmost cooperation and collaboration with my clients fostering their independence and prioritising their preferred services and needs.
- He has the ability to confidently provide and apply several treatment modalities such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy as well as couples therapy and group therapy.
- Housam Ebrahim has all necessary experience in working with people with dual diagnosis and with those who suffer traumas and being diagnosed with PTSD.
- As a professional behavioural and Systemic Couples psychotherapist, he has excellent skills and experiences in helping and supporting couples and families in couple’s therapy.