Expert psychological insight is essential to ensuring full compliance with safety regulations, minimising the risk of legal trouble down the road. Because compliance is such a complex matter, advice from professional psychologists, with the ability to provide complex presentations, is key to maintaining your production’s integrity and the safety and well-being of all concerned. Private Therapy Clinic can provide you with highly experienced, qualified psychologists who understand your needs and can work closely with you to ensure that your goals are achieved safely and successfully.
If you are looking for expert mental health and psychological risk management in the area of television and/or film production, you’ve come to the right place. Dr Becky Spelman and her team of experts have exceptional levels of expertise in this area, and a great deal of experience in supporting production companies in the all-important areas of risk management for mental health and psychological considerations. This counts for everyone involved in the complex business of production, including the Production Team, Cast and Contributors.
We know how important it is for you to meet your tight schedules, and the many demands you face, and in this context we are more than ready to support you in providing reliable, flexible service, whether you need us to be on-call, on standby, or ready to follow up after initial assessments.
Whether your headquarters is in the UK or elsewhere, and whether your current production is small or large, we can provide you with the service you need – and we tailor-make our service for the unique, specialised requirements of every client. At short notice, Private Therapy Clinic can provide you with the clinical and counselling psychologists (BPS Chartered and HCPC registered and BPS Chartered) you require for your television or filming project in the UK or elsewhere.
As well as working in private practice, Dr Spelman is the founder of Private Therapy Clinic Ltd., which provides expert, high quality, effective psychological therapy to individual clients as well as groups, couples, and corporate clients. Private Therapy Clinic also provides mental health and psychological risk management services to clients working in television and film production.
Dr Spelman has over 16 years’ experience in the field of mental health. She has worked in both the private and the public sector, in areas as diverse as anxiety, depression, addictions, personality disorders, and a wide range of psychological difficulties. Dr. Spelman also provides medico-legal reports, and evidence as an expert witness, for court. She has appeared as a Psychologist on number of TV channels including Channel 4, Sky One & Channel 5.
What is involved in a TV Psychological assessment/ Duty of Care Assessment?
The first part of the assessment involves a set of screening questions such as:
1. Tell me about your reasons for wanting to participate in the TV show?
2. Are you worried about how people will perceive you on the show and do you have any concerns about comments people will make on social media or in person afterwards?
3. How would you deal with any negative comments directed towards you?
4. Have you ever experienced any of the following conditions anxiety, depression, trauma?
5. Have you been suicidal in the last year? If so when?
6. Have you ever been suicidal?
7. Are you on any medication for Psychological conditions?
8. Who do you have close to you as a form of social support in your life?
9. Who do you have that responds well to you when you experience distress in your life.
10. Have you ever caused harm to another person?
11. Do you have any anger or other issues which may result in your causing harm to another person?
12. Do you have any concerns at all about going on the show?
The Second half of the assessment is a clinical interview to further screen the participant and sign them off as Psychologically fit to participate in the TV show.
The individual can be assessed over Skype or can be seen at our offices in Central London.
Psych assessment with no report: £150 (£60 if 10 participants or more need to be assessed)
Psych assessment with report:£300 (£150 if 10 participants or more need to be assessed)